Friday, November 12, 2010

Sugar - Not So Sweet (Today!)

Yeah, I am creative, no?  As long as I am looking at heatmaps (according to CNBC, everyone needs at heatmap - until 2months ago, they thought folks were saying heated naps, but I digress) here is one I follow:

Ummm, ouch.  I have been involved with a Brazilian sugar company Cosan for a while, believing in both the commodity story (given weather patters and production in faraway places like India) and the ethanol story.

The sugar market is revolving around India. With global inventories at a 20-year low according to the International Sugar Organization, Indian exports are critical. ill they open the gates or not, that is the question.

Currently, I like the backdrop for sugar (global supply not hitting demand, primarily for artificial reasons, but reasons nonetheless) and I like Cosan's domestic ethanol business.  I might buy a little more should it pull back.

Disclosure:  Long CZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

A student of the markets that has held portfolio management, analysis and trading positions for over 15 years.